Steps to Withdraw

Students who do not have holds may withdraw online via their SCORE account by following the directions below. Students with holds must fill out a Course Withdrawal Form. Students must complete a withdrawal request to officially withdraw from classes. The official withdrawal date is the date the student submits the withdrawal form.

Students With No Holds – Withdrawing Via SCORE

After Logging into SCORE

  • Click on Student Services
  • Click on Registration
  • Click on Add/Drop Classes
  • Select the correct term/semester
  • Click on the drop down menu next to the course under the Registration window
  • Click on Web Withdrawal
  • Click on Submit Changes at the bottom

**Make sure the status next to the listed course says Web Withdrawal to confirm you are withdrawn from the course.  You will receive an automatic email (sent to your student email address) giving you confirmation that the class has been withdrawn.

Withdrawing From One Course

Students may drop a course during the drop/add period without penalty. During the drop/add period, fees will be adjusted.

After the drop/add period ends, students may withdraw from a course until mid-term and receive a grade of “W”. The student will receive no refund for dropping a course. A drop of all classes constitutes a complete withdrawal.  You must complete the Course Withdrawal Form.

Withdrawing from All Courses

Student accounts will be refunded according to a graduated percentage scale beginning the second meeting day of classes.  You must complete the Complete Full Withdrawal Form.

eCore/eMajor Withdrawals 

Withdrawing from eCore courses is done through SCORE for students with no holds, please follow the directions above.  Students with holds can submit the Course Withdrawal Form.  For information on how to withdraw from eMajor courses please visit eMajor Withdrawals.

Hardship Withdrawals

Hardship withdrawals and grade appeals must be filed by the end of the academic semester immediately following the academic semester in which the withdrawal or appeal is requested.

In order to drop a class after mid-semester due to hardship, students must complete the Hardship Withdrawal Form. These forms may be obtained online and in the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs in Rome or from a Campus Dean at any other campus. If a student does not complete the “Documentation of Your Hardship” portion of that form, or completes that portion and the hardship is not approved, the student will receive the course grade earned. If the hardship is approved, the student will receive a “W” grade. The possibility that a student will fail a course after mid-semester will not be considered a hardship.

Financial aid recipients who withdraw from classes will be obligated to repay any financial obligation remaining as a result of the withdrawal and reduction of the aid received.

If a student decides not to attend Georgia Highlands College the semester for which he/she has registered and paid fees, the student must go to any Georgia Highlands College campus to withdraw or submit the Full Withdrawal Form. Students who abandon classes without following proper procedures for withdrawal will receive a grade of “F$” in all classes.

For additional assistance please email