Students are automatically enrolled into the GHC Notify system for campus notifications.
- What will the confirmation message say?
The confirmation message will read the following:
GHC: You are now confirmed to receive alerts from us. More info text reply “HELP” or “STOP GHC” to opt-out.
- From what number will these text messages display?
You will see 23177 or 63079 as the text messaging number sending you the confirmation message and all subsequent messages. Please save this number and program it as Georgia Highlands College so that you can quickly recognize this number as the official source of messages.
- When will I receive the confirmation message?
The confirmation messages are sent during business hours (10am to 6pm PST). Since we upload data into the Blackboard Connect service daily, you should expect the confirmation request to arrive the following day.
- I did not receive a confirmation message. What happened?
Please check with your mobile phone provider to find out if your device accepts text messages. You may also want to check with your provider to see if text messaging has been enabled. You may need to subscribe to a text messaging plan in order to receive or reply to text messages.
- I did not receive a confirmation message because my phone wasn’t text enabled. I have since contacted my mobile phone provider to enable it. Do I need another confirmation message sent?
No. If your SMS phone was already submitted to our database, you should be confirmed to receive SMS alerts from us. However, you may also test to find out by texting the word “SUBSCRIBE” to 23177 or 63079 and you will receive a reply with the following:
GHC: This phone number has already been opted in. More info text reply “HELP” or “STOP GHC” to opt-out
You may opt-out at any time by texting “STOP GHC” or “QUIT GHC” to 23177 or 63079.
- What if I opted-out but later decide I would like to opt-in again?
You may request to begin receiving text messages by texting “SUBSCRIBE GHC” to 23177 or 63079.
- If I change mobile phone providers but keep the same number, do I need to opt-in again?
No. Once your phone number has been opted-in, it stays registered within the system.
- What if my information is not registered with the school, but I want to receive alerts anyway? Can I text 23177 or 63079 to “SUBSCRIBE GHC” and still receive messages?
No, you will not receive messages. If you are not part of the school’s contact database, and you try to subscribe, you will receive the message:
You have not followed the Opt-In/Out process correctly. More info text HELP or go to www.blackboardconnect.com/sms
Important Note About SMS/Text Messaging:
If you choose the “Send SMS/Text Message” option next to your mobile number, you will receive a confirmation message from “23177” or “63079“. You MUST respond to this message to confirm your participation. If you do not respond, you will NOT receive communications via SMS/text message.
If you need help or have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-295-6775.