Transcripts are evaluated in the order they are received and are typically completed within 2-3 weeks. Once completed, credits awarded may be viewed in the online advising transcript by logging into the SCORE at www.highlands.edu.
Transfer credit is granted based on the following criteria:
- GHC grants transfer credit for courses completed at regionally accredited institutions.
- Transfer credit is not awarded for Internships, Directed Studies, Practicums, Workshops, Orientation Classes, Seminar Classes, 3000/4000-level or graduate-level courses and/or remedial courses
- GHC does not allow credit for work experience.
- Courses will be assigned GHC course numbers if they are determined to be equivalent.
- Grades of D will be accepted if higher grades are transferred with which to average to a 2.00 GPA.
- A grade of C or higher must have been earned in Composition courses in order to receive transfer credit for ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102.
- Students who have completed one or more areas of the General Education requirements at a University System of Georgia (USG) school will have to meet the same areas at GHC.
- 1 Semester hour = 1.5 Quarter hours.
- A student should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if courses are missing from the evaluation.
- To determine how transfer credit can be used in a particular program of study, students should meet with an advisor.
- All students seeking a degree from a University System of Georgia institution must complete the State of Georgia legislative requirements. The legislative requirements may be satisfied by completion of POLS 1101 and HIST 2112 or the appropriate exemption exam(s) through the Social Sciences Division.
How will my prior course work transfer to GHC?
- The best way to see how your credits in past institutions will transfer to GHC is to use our interactive Transfer Articulation app.
- To view specific, program-based articulation agreements between GHC and other colleges, please visit our Articulation & Transfer Agreements page.
TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM OF GEORGIA
Click on the above link for additional information.
CREDIT BY EXAMINATION
All examination credit counts as credit earned (with a grade of “K”) toward graduation in terms of hours earned and course credit earned, but these hours are not applied toward institutional graduation residency requirements and they are not calculated in the graduation grade point average (gpa).
ADVANCED PLACEMENT (AP) COURSE EQUIVALENTS
Click on the above link for the Course Equivalents for your Advanced Placement test scores. Scores are required for credit to be awarded. For AP scores, please call 1.888.225.5427 or visit www.collegeboard.com.
Click on the above link for a list of courses that a student may challenge for credit at Georgia Highlands College.
Click on the above link for a list of courses.
In line with the University System of Georgia guidelines for physical education credit for military service, the Department of Physical Education at Georgia Highlands College provides the following exemptions
- PHED 1020, First Aid and CPR, for service as a Medic
- PHED 1100, Personal Fitness, for basic military training
DEFENSE ACTIVITY FOR NON-TRADITIONAL EDUCATION SUPPORT (DANTES) OR DSST
DANTES DSST Exam List. DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) exams are recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE). The tests cover upper and lower-level baccalaureate credit courses. These exams help students save time and money while accelerating graduation completion. Click on the above link for the Course Equivalents for your DSST Exam test scores. For more information go to https://www.military.com/education/timesaving-programs/dantes-dsst-exam-list.html