Consider these questions and align answers to the criteria of the award.
- What specifically did the nominee do to earn a nomination?
- How well did the nominee perform the task(s) specified in the criteria?
- How has the nominee’s work impacted the institution?
Tips for Writing the Narrative
- Write in specific terms, but be as brief as possible.
- Read all of the narrative questions before you begin writing so that you get a feel for the type of information to include in your narrative.
- Narrative should be detailed but no more than the required length.
- Follow the nomination process specified in the award.
Teaching Statements – Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching
Advice for Letter Writers – North Carolina State
How to Write a Compelling Nomination – University of North Carolina Wilmington
Writing a Strong Nomination – Brown University Teaching Excellence Awards