Employee Awards recognize the dedication and excellence of the staff and faculty at GHC.
Nominations are due by June 1, 2023.
Please note that nominees will be evaluated solely on the basis of the evidence provided by the nominator in this form.
Awards and Criteria
Each of GHC's Offices and Departments are eligible for the Department of the Year award.
This award is designed to showcase an outstanding department that promotes, supports, and recognizes excellence in teaching and service to students. The department is committed to creating an environment that prepares our students to thrive in a global society. This award recognizes a department which:
- Promotes the success of GHC through achieving the mission and shared values provided in the GHC Strategic Plan.
- Focuses on data-driven and continuous improvement for the department.
- Makes a significant impact on the GHC community through collaboration and collegiality with colleagues and co-workers.
- Contributes to the success of the institution through noteworthy accomplishments such as grants, outreach, and initiative support in the department.
Full-time faculty members are eligible for the Faculty Member of the Year award.
This award recognizes a full-time faculty member who exhibits a strong commitment to:
- Excellence in teaching and learning demonstrated by (but not limited to) innovative uses of technology, active learning, high-impact practices, portfolios, showcases, etc., to promote students' academic success and develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills and/or understanding of diversity.
- Fostering students' academic success via interactions with students outside of classes (e.g., advising, mentoring, recruiting, etc.) beyond the requirements of the position.
- Continually seeking to improve their own teaching practice and students' experience in their courses.
- Accomplishing scholarly achievements possibly leading to statewide and/or national recognition.
- Leading the college with collegiality, professionalism, and a community-focus.
Part-time instructors are eligible for the Part-Time Instructor of the Year award.
This award recognizes a part-time faculty member who demonstrates a strong commitment to impactful teaching and student success by:
- Using teaching methods designed to develop students' critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and/or their understanding of diversity.
- Enhancing students' learning with effective teaching strategies, including (but not limited to) innovative uses of technology, active learning, high-impact practices, portfolios, showcases, etc.
- Continually seeking to improve their own teaching practice and students' experience in their courses by participating in professional development opportunities, including (but not limited to) educational development, conferences, and networking beyond GHC.
Full-time faculty members are eligible for the Teaching Excellence award.
This award recognizes a full-time faculty member who demonstrates a strong commitment to impactful teaching and student success by doing the following:
- Uses effective and innovative teaching practices that result in student engagement, student satisfaction, and effectiveness in achieving desired learning outcomes, such as high-impact practices, active learning, and critical thinking techniques.
- Examines different methods of assessment of student learning to inform teaching practices and reshape courses in an on-going and data-driven process.
- Practices interactive strategies to promote collaboration among students.
- Engages in relationship-rich education pedagogies that support students' academic growth and exhibits dedication to retention and completion.
Any full-time employee who has completed their 6-month provisional period is eligible for the Impact Award.
This award recognizes an employee who:
- Makes a positive impact at GHC by demonstrating a commitment to innovation, leadership, vision, collaboration, and collegiality.
- Works toward moving GHC from good to great by offering innovative suggestions and taking action.
- Exemplifies a desire to genuinely support GHC in their position, as well as students and community partners they encounter.
Full-time staff members who have completed their 6-month provisional period are eligible for the Staff Member of the Year award.
This award recognizes a full-time staff member who exhibits a strong commitment to:
- Upholding the strategic plan, mission, values, and goals of GHC to be the premier access college in Northwest Georgia.
- Contributing to the development of department and/or university initiatives.
- Making a positive impact on the college community as a role model.
- Demonstrating professionalism and excellence in their position.
- Going beyond assigned job duties to improve GHC for students, colleagues, faculty, administrators, and community partners.
Registration for this form is not open at this time.