Due to the COVID-19 situation, there are currently no Study Abroad trips scheduled.
What are the steps to applying for a Study Abroad Scholarship at GHC?
- Step One:
To apply for any scholarships, you must complete a current-year FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
A current-year FAFSA encompasses fall/spring/summer.
- Step Two:
Complete the scholarship application in the AwardSpring Scholarship System at https://highlands.awardspring.com/. At the end of the application, the system will suggest scholarships for you to click on that you might be eligible for.
- Step Three:
You will be notified through your GHC student email if you are chosen to receive a Study Abroad Scholarship.
Are there any other options for Study Abroad funding?
- Yes! Make an appointment with the Financial Aid Counselor on your GHC campus to discuss your financial aid options such as requesting a federal or private loan to assist with your trip:
Study Abroad appointment request (make sure to mention which campus/date/time the appointment request is for)
- You can also apply for a Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship.
Apply at www.iie.org/gilman
Requirements for Gilman:
- Must be U.S. Citizen, Undergraduate, and a student at a 2- or 4-year institution in the U.S.
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient either at the time you fill out the application or during the semester you are on the Study Abroad trip.
- The program or internship abroad must be eligible for credit at the college where the student is enrolled.
- The trip must be at least two weeks for current community college students in one country.
- Non-eligible countries include Cuba (Mexican states where no State Travel Advisory Warnings are in effect may be considered).