Due to the COVID-19 situation, there are currently no Study Abroad trips scheduled.
What are the steps to applying for a Study Abroad Scholarship at GHC?
To apply for any scholarships, you must complete a current-year FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
A current-year FAFSA encompasses fall/spring/summer.
Complete the scholarship application in the AwardSpring Scholarship System at https://highlands.awardspring.com/. At the end of the application, the system will suggest scholarships for you to click on that you might be eligible for.
You will be notified through your GHC student email if you are chosen to receive a Study Abroad Scholarship.
Are there any other options for Study Abroad funding?
- Yes! Make an appointment with the Financial Aid Counselor on your GHC campus to discuss your financial aid options such as requesting a federal or private loan to assist with your trip:
Study Abroad appointment request (make sure to mention which campus/date/time the appointment request is for)
- You can also apply for a Benjamin Gilman International Scholarship.
Apply at www.iie.org/gilman
Requirements for Gilman:
- Must be U.S. Citizen, Undergraduate, and a student at a 2- or 4-year institution in the U.S.
- Must be a Pell Grant recipient either at the time you fill out the application or during the semester you are on the Study Abroad trip.
- The program or internship abroad must be eligible for credit at the college where the student is enrolled.
- The trip must be at least two weeks for current community college students in one country.
- Non-eligible countries include Cuba (Mexican states where no State Travel Advisory Warnings are in effect may be considered).