Students who wish to attend another institution as a transient student from Georgia Highlands College should follow the procedures listed below:
- Submit an admission application to the institution to be attended well before its published application deadline. Attending another school, even for one term as a transient student, requires admission to that institution.
- Complete the Georgia Highlands College Transient Student Permission Request Form. This form is available in the Office of Enrollment Management or can be completed on-line.
- Mail, fax, or email the Transient Student Permission Request Form to the Registrar’s Office.
- The Registrar’s Office will certify that you are eligible for transient status, then mail a letter of transient permission to the institution to which you have applied. A copy of the letter will be mailed to your home address.
- Near the end of the term at the other institution, request that a transcript of your completed course work be sent to the Admissions Office at Georgia Highlands College so that the courses may be evaluated and posted to your Georgia Highlands College academic records.
REMEMBER: It is the student’s responsibility to register for courses which are applicable to his/her degree program and to have official transcripts sent to the Admissions Office.