Welcome to the Center for STEM Learning at Georgia Highlands College. We are a community of faculty, students, and business leaders dedicated to the advancement of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. With the generous support of the University System of Georgia Board of Regents (USG-BOR) and the administration of Georgia Highlands College, the Center for STEM Learning aims to:
- Inspire students to consider majoring in STEM disciplines and to support their success within STEM coursework so as to increase the number of STEM graduates;
- Develop new curricular materials, instructional approaches, and technology-based learning environments that can promote equity and enhance STEM teaching and learning for all;
- Develop and maintain collaborative STEM partnerships with key constituents in Northwest Georgia;
- Enhance the knowledge and skills of K-16 STEM teachers and instructors;
- Provide STEM learning opportunities for K-16 students via YouTube and other social media outlets, summer camps, outreach activities, and community services.
As an active member in the USG STEM Network, the Center for STEM Learning is designed to share experiences, practices, and resources so that member institutions will be able to learn from one another. We are excited about the launch of this new website to facilitate the exchange of ideas and to serve as a clearinghouse of information. I invite you to explore the resources available through this website and to contact us with your STEM related needs.
Director and Professor of Biology