What steps do I need to take to study abroad?
Below is a checklist of steps to complete in order to study abroad at GHC. Please make sure that you pay attention to specific program deadlines as you work on these items. Feel free to take this list and check off steps as you complete them:
- Receive information about GHC Study Abroad Programs and decide on a program.
- Complete GHC Study Abroad Program Student Application and return it to the GHC Director of Global Initiatives and Study Abroad. If you are participating in the USG program such as the European Council Berlin program or KSU’s Montepulciano program, please complete that application as well.
- Meet with a Financial Aid Counselor in the GHC Financial Aid Office to determine if financial aid can be used to help pay for the trip, and if so how much. Complete necessary paperwork and set up a refund mechanism with the Financial Aid Counselor. Meeting with a Financial Aid Counselor and completing necessary paperwork is mandatory. This should be done as soon as possible after submitting a student application, and at the very latest on the last day of classes the semester prior to the study abroad
- Verify trip payment deadlines for the trip and make payments on time.
- If you do not have a passport or need to renew your passport, send in your application.
- Apply for scholarships, including outside scholarships and scholarships with the GHC Foundation. Please contact the GHC Foundation for information about scholarships, including deadlines and an application.
- Enroll in appropriate classes linked to the study abroad program (e.g. summer term) and pay tuition and fees.
For questions, please contact Dr. Bronson Long, the Director of Global Initiatives and Study Abroad at email@example.com or Ms. Alex MacMurdo, the Assistant Director of Global Initiatives and Study Abroad firstname.lastname@example.org
For a copy of the GHC Study Abroad Program Student Application as well as information on how to apply for a passport, please see the “Application and Forms” tab.