SCORE Web Registration
How to Use Web Registration for Classes
Students who have no academic support requirements or academic holds and no financial obligations to the institution are eligible to use the on-line student system – The SCORE to register for classes. Transient students are also eligible to use web registration.
Academic advising is available to all students; your advisor may guide you for an academic term or for an academic year. After consultation with an advisor, you may be ready to self-register using the SCORE.
If you have problems accessing the SCORE, check for the following:
- Make sure your computer will accept cookies.
- If accessing the site from your workplace, some company firewalls will prevent access to our website. Check with your IT department.
Where do I register?
- Computers are available on each campus of College. On the Floyd Campus computers are in the Registrar’s Office, Career and Counseling, Library, computer classrooms. You may register wherever internet access is available.
- Access the Georgia Highlands College website, www.highlands.edu.
- Go to Student Interests in the lower right side of the page, and select Online Registration.
- Enter your GHCID# as your User ID (found on your charger card or may be looked up online from the login screen).
IF YOU HAVE NEVER LOGGED IN TO THE “SCORE” (THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME USING THE SYSTEM):
Your temporary (generic) PIN is your six digit birth date (MMDDYY).
Example: Your birth date is January 1, 1980
PIN = 010180
This is a temporary PIN. You will receive a prompt that your pin has expired and you must create a new pin, a six-digit number, to be used each time you access the system in the future. You may also set up the “forgot pin” question/answer option. This option, after answering the question correctly, will allow you to access the system, but will not reveal your pin, and you will be required to create a new 6-digit pin.
IF YOU HAVE EVER (even one time) LOGGED INTO THE SCORE:
Your pin is the 6-digit number you assigned yourself. Using the temporary pin method above will not work. You may disable your pin if you try to use this method. If you have forgotten your pin, you may contact email@example.com, or visit the campus center where you attend or the Registrar’s Office on the Floyd Campus. Your pin will be re-set, with proper identification from you. The pin will not be given over the telephone or by email.
- Once you are logged in, select Student Services and Financial Aid.
- Select Registration.
- Select Check Your Registration Status.
- Select Look Up Classes to Add. Find the classes you wish to add. You can also select classes from the public site of Class Offerings under Student Interests on the Georgia Highlands College homepage.
- Go to Add/Drop Classes. Enter the CRN numbers for the classes you wish to add.
- Select Registration/Fee Assessment.
- Under Student Interests on the Georgia Highlands College homepage print or view your schedule of classes.
- Pay fees in the Accounting Services Office on the Rome Campus or at any Center office that takes payments. Or, select Secure Credit Card Payment – we accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover.
- Make sure you pay fees by the announced fee payment deadline or your schedule will be dropped for non-payment. Financial Aid recipients should communicate with the Financial Aid Office to be sure your financial obligations to the College are covered. You may check your Financial Aid Status via your SCORE account.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, PLEASE SUBMIT A TICKET VIA THE “NEED HELP?” LINK ABOVE.