Here are your next steps to get started at GHC...
Charger Orientation will be delivered in a virtual format for our new Summer & Fall 2021 Students. We have tried to replicate the in-person orientation into a remote format. We know you are excited to get started, and we are excited to help you transition to GHC. We know that this is not the experience you thought you would have, but we promise to make the most of it! We will have “Welcome to Campus” events before the Fall term begins if you would like to also visit us in person.
Below are the Summer 2021 Virtual Orientation dates. Most of the orientation will be an at-your-own-pace format, but there will be required Zoom sessions at the below dates and times.
- Friday, May 7th @ 10am
- Monday, May 10th @ 5pm
- Tuesday, May 18th @ 12pm
- Wednesday, May 26th @ 12pm
- Thursday, June 3rd @ 5pm
- Friday, June 4th @ 10am
Below are the Fall 2021 Virtual Orientation dates. Most of the orientation will be an at-your-own-pace format, but there will be required Zoom sessions at the below dates and times.
- Wednesday, June 16th @ 3pm
- Thursday, June 17th @ 12pm
- Friday, June 18th @ 10am
- Wednesday, June 23rd @ 12pm
- Thursday, June 24th @ 3pm
- Thursday, July 1st @ 6pm
- Wednesday, July 7th @ 3pm
- Thursday, July 8th @12pm
- Friday, July 9th @ 10am
- Wednesday, July 14th @ 12pm
- Thursday, July 15th @ 3pm
- Friday, July 16th @ 10am
- Wednesday, July 21st @3pm
- Thursday, July 22nd @ 12pm
- Friday, July 23rd @ 10am
- Wednesday, July 28th @ 10am
- Thursday, July 29th @ 6pm
- Wednesday, August 4th @ 12pm
- Thursday, August 5th @ 3pm
- Friday, August 6th @ 10am
- Wednesday, August 11th @ 3pm
- Thursday, August 12th @ 12pm
- Friday, August 13th @ 10am
How do I get started with my orientation?
- Pre-Orientation introduces you to GHC and what you should expect as a student.
- Complete Pre-Orientation in your Check Admissions Status on the Future Students tab.
Live, Virtual Orientation (sign up and attendance is required):
- All GHC orientations are currently virtual. The live, virtual orientation will be an hour and a half long orientation session.
- Sign up for a virtual orientation in Check Admissions Status after completing the Pre-Orientation. The Zoom link is in your check admissions status.
- The email will contain useful information to be successful at GHC. It will also include what to expect with course registration.
- Check your student email inbox soon after signing up for the live, virtual orientation. Complete the tasks listed.
- Be sure to read through your digital packet
- You will be registered by an advisor your first semester at GHC.
- Advisors will use your responses on the pre-orientation questionnaire to register you for classes. You will have the opportunity to change your schedule by visiting our Virtual Hub.
Welcome to Campus event (attendance is optional):
- Each GHC site will host a Welcome to Campus Event before the semester begins. The event will consist of a campus tour, a preview of your academic pathway, and an introduction of GHC’s clubs and organizations.
- This is a completely optional event that you must register for beforehand. This event will not provide individual student assistance like financial aid or registration.
Accepted High School students participating in Dual Enrollment may register for a specialized orientation session (not found on the list below) through the Orientation Sign Up link on the Check Admissions Status page. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding Dual Enrollment Orientation at GHC.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Register for orientation in your Check Admissions Status page.