Registration for Summer 2021 orientations will be live by March 15
Here are your next steps to get started at GHC...
Charger Orientation will be delivered in a virtual format for our new Summer & Fall 2021 Students. We have tried to replicate the in-person orientation into a remote format. We know you are excited to get started, and we are excited to help you transition to GHC. We know that this is not the experience you thought you would have, but we promise to make the most of it! We will have “Welcome to Campus” events before the Spring term begins if you would like to also visit us in person.
Below are the Summer 2021 Virtual Orientation dates. Most of the orientation will be an at-your-own-pace format, but there will be required Zoom sessions at the below dates and times.
- Friday, May 7th 10am
- Monday, May 10th 5pm
- Tuesday, May 18th 12pm
- Wednesday, May 26th 12pm
- Thursday, June 3rd 5pm
- Friday, June 4th 10am
Below are the Fall 2021 Virtual Orientation dates. Most of the orientation will be an at-your-own-pace format, but there will be required Zoom sessions at the below dates and times.
- Wednesday, June 16th 3pm
- Thursday, June 17th 12pm
- Friday, June 18th 10am
- Wednesday, June 23rd @ 12pm
- Thursday, June 24th @ 3pm
- Thursday, July 1st @ 6pm
- Wednesday, July 7th @ 3pm
- Thursday, July 8th @12pm
- Friday, July 9th 10am
- Wednesday, July 14th @ 12pm
- Thursday, July 15th @ 3pm
- Friday, July 16th 10am
- Wednesday, July 21st @3pm
- Thursday, July 22nd @ 12pm
- Friday, July 23rd 10am
- Wednesday, July 28th @ 10am
- Thursday, July 29th @ 6pm
- Wednesday, August 4th @ 12pm
- Thursday, August 5th @ 3pm
- Friday, August 6th @ 10am
- Wednesday, August 11th @ 3pm
- Thursday, August 12th @ 12pm
- Friday, August 13th @ 10am
How do I get started with my orientation?
- Pre-Orientation introduces you to GHC and teaches you how to login to your student accounts.
- Complete Pre-Orientation in your Check Admissions Status on the Future Students tab.
Live, Virtual Orientation (sign up is mandatory, attendance is not):
- All GHC orientations are currently virtual. The live, virtual orientation will be an hour-long information session.
- Sign up for a virtual orientation in Check Admissions Status after completing the Pre-Orientation. The Zoom link is in your check admissions status.
Welcome Email (mandatory):
- The email will contain useful information to be successful at GHC. It will also contain a link to a Schedule Preference Form we will use to build your schedule.
- Check your student email inbox soon after signing up for the live, virtual orientation. Complete the tasks listed.
- Watch a welcome video
- Complete a schedule preference form
- Read through your digital packet
- You will be registered by an advisor your first semester at GHC.
- Advisors will use your responses on the Schedule Preference Form to register you for classes. You will have the opportunity to change your schedule by visiting our Virtual Hub.
Welcome to Campus event (attendance is optional):
- Each GHC site will host a Welcome to Campus Event before the semester begins. The event will consist of a campus tour, a preview of your academic pathway, and an introduction of GHC’s clubs and organizations.
- This is a completely optional event that you must register for beforehand. This event will not provide individual student assistance like financial aid or registration.
All new students are expected to attend Charger Orientation. If you plan to take the majority of your courses online and would prefer an online orientation, you must self identify by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your would like to participate in an online orientation with your GHC ID number once you are admitted to GHC.
Accepted High School students participating in Dual Enrollment may register for a specialized orientation session (not found on the list below) through the Orientation Sign Up link on the Check Admissions Status page. Please contact email@example.com for more information regarding Dual Enrollment Orientation at GHC.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for orientation in your Check Admissions Status page.