Your myGHC single sign-on account is created before you are admitted at Georgia Highlands College, which means you can access GHC websites and services well before the first day of class. We recommend you start by exploring Microsoft 365 (see below). Your account gives you instant access to your student email (our official means of communicating with you) and applications like Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Did you know? An amazing benefit of having a Microsoft 365 account is that you may also download and install Word, Excel, and Powerpoint apps on up to five of your own personal devices.
Where to Begin:
- First, you need to know your email address and initial password. You can find this information using the GHC ID Lookup.
- Visit portal.microsoft.com and sign in with your email address and initial password. Follow the instructions to set up Duo Security on your account. Next, you’ll be prompted to set up your preferred method of account recovery so you can reset your password in the future.
- You can use your email address and this password to sign in to student computers on campus, your student email, and the GHC-Chargers Wi-Fi network.
SCORE is used for many activities such as registration, schedules, parking permits, course offerings, and more.
- Log into your SCORE account with your 9-digit GHC ID and your initial PIN. Your initial PIN is your 6-digit birthdate (MMDDYY). We strongly suggest updating this password to a six-digit number only you know.
D2L Brightspace is the online learning management system for all your GHC classes.
- It can take up to 48 hours (M-F) for a course to appear in D2L after you register for the course in SCORE.
- Any dropped courses will continue show in your D2L account until the instructor removes you from their roll.
- First-time users must go through the “Getting Started” information.
Microsoft 365 is an online suite of services and software owned by Microsoft. Your student email and online file storage are part of Microsoft 365.
- Your student email is our official means of communicating with you. Check it often for important information about deadlines and campus events. If you prefer, you can set up GHC email on your mobile device using the Microsoft Outlook app available for free in the Apple App store or Google Play.
Changing Your myGHC Password: You can change your password by visiting https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/ or by simply pressing the Control+Alt+Delete keys from a classroom or lab computer and then selecting the Change Password option. Forgot your password? Contact IT at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our help desk at 706 295-6775.
Pharos Print Management System allows you to print from a GHC computer while on campus. Simply select the printer you wish to send your print job, then swipe your GHC ID at that printer’s release station, and select your print job to print. Black & white printing is 10 cents per page and color printing is 25 cents per page. The Data Card Office places $5 worth of Pharos printing on your GHC ID card each semester. If you need additional funds added, you can load more money on your card at one of the GHC kiosks located in different locations on each campus.
Emergency Weather Alerts
In order to receive emergency communications from GHC, please make sure your phone number is up-to-date under the Student Records page in SCORE.