Returning GHC students are strongly encouraged to register early for the upcoming semester. Students who participate in early registration have better course selection options, resulting in the best suited schedule.
STEP ONE: ADVISING
There are several Advising resources available to All GHC students:
- Quest for Success advising and Early Bird Advising are events spring and fall semesters where students meet with faculty or professional advisors to do long term academic planning.
- Advising appointments should be made in Navigate.
- SCORECard is a tool in a student’s SCORE account that will help guide them in their specific pathway while at GHC.
- After logging into SCORE, students can access SCORECard by visiting: Student Services > SCORECard
STEP TWO: CREATING A SCHEDULE
Once advising is completed, students can create a course schedule for the upcoming semester.
- Search course offerings to check if the courses are available in the upcoming semester.
- Create a list of available course numbers, title, and CRN numbers.
- Questions about how to look up courses? Please refer to our guide on how to look up courses.
STEP THREE: CHECK FOR HOLDS
Some students have Registration Hold that may cause delay or prevent the course registration process.
Holds can be viewed in your SCORE account:
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Student Records
- And then click on View Holds
STEP FOUR: REGISTER
Students without holds on their account:
- Use SCORE account to register online when registration opens.
- After logging into SCORE, students can access registration by visiting:
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Click on Add/Drop Classes
- Select the correct term/semester
- Scroll down to the boxes below and type in each CRN number for the course(s) you would like to add.
- Make sure to scroll down and click Submit Changes
- **Make sure the status next to the listed course says WEB REGISTERED to confirm sure you are in the course.
If you need to drop a course that you added, click on the drop down menu next to the course under the Registration window and click on Web Drop, and then click on Submit Changes at the bottom.
Students with holds must register with an academic advisor.
STEP FIVE: SECURE YOUR SCHEDULE
Check your schedule/bill to see your balance and note the current payment deadline.
- You can view your schedule by visiting your student portal.
- Under the box titled Registration Information, click on the link for View Your Schedule/Bill.
- Select the correct semester, enter in your student ID number, enter in your date of birth, and then select report option you would like (invoice only, detailed schedule only, or both).
- It will then remind you of the payment deadline, and then you click SUBMIT.
Payment options for your account can be found through the business office.