State Authorization

GHC Online, A Safe Investment In Your Education


NC SARA logoThe United States government and individual states mandate that institutions offering distance education (online learning) have the approval of each state to provide distance education to residents of that state. To meet these requirements, Georgia Highlands College (GHC) participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and is an approved NC-SARA institution in Georgia. As GHC does not have a “physical presence” in California, which is not a NC-SARA state, we meet the requirements to offer online programs and courses in that state.

While GHC acts in good faith to maintain authorization in all states, the state authorization process is dynamic and subject to change. It is strongly recommended that prospective distance education students contact us to determine whether GHC is authorized to provide post-secondary education in your state.

Professional Licensure

GHC does not offer any programs online which directly lead to professional licensure. The Associate of Science in Dental Hygiene and the Associate of Science in Nursing are traditional programs offered at a GHC instructional site.

A list of the GHC online programs approved the by the University System of Georgia (USG) can be found at either of the following sites:

Contact the GHC School which offers the program you are interested in for guidance on the requirements for professional licensure in your home state. Also, check with the appropriate state licensing board for your home state requirements. Additional information is provided by the NC-SARA Professional Licensure.

Complaint Process for Distance Education Students

Incomplete and Grade Appeals

GHC Student Grievance Policy

Complaint Resolution Offices and Processes for Distance Education Students

Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 East Exchange Place, Suite 220
Tucker, Georgia 30084-5305

Consumer offices in other states may be found in The State Authorization Guide provided by NC-SARA. At that site, locate your state in the “Start with a State” box and select “Consumer Protection and Student Complaints” in the “Start with a Topic” box.