About the eLearning Course Descriptions
Course description links for courses offered online (GHC Online) by Georgia Highlands College are presented below. On each page, you will find a list of the GHC online courses offered in that subject area, GHC contact information, and, if any, a list of the eCore courses available. Be aware that
- Course offerings are subject to change; please check current semester availability.
- The official GHC course descriptions are those presented in the most current GHC Catalog. Course descriptions are subject to change and presented here as a convenience. In the event a description on the links below is different from that of the GHC Catalog, the Catalog take shall precedence.
What does each course listing contain?
- Course Abbreviation, course number: Course name. For example, READ 1101: Principles of Reading
- The number of “lecture” hours per week; the number of laboratory hours per week; the number of credit hours earned in the course. For example, 3-0-3 denotes three hours of lecture per week, no laboratory, and three hours of credit.
- Prerequisite: Courses or requirements the must be completed before you can register for the course. Co-requisite: Courses or requirements that must be taken along with the course.
- The course description which is an overview of the course.