What is a BBA?
A (BBA) is a bachelor’s degree in business administration. The degree is conferred after four years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations.
When will the BBA program begin?
Applications will be accepted once per year during Spring semester. Classes for BBA begin once per year during Fall semester.
Can I take BBA classes if I have not been accepted in the program?
A student is permitted to take BBA classes only if:
- Student meet the application requirements (see minimum application requirements below)
- Have submitted a BBA application and received acceptance
- There is an available seat
- Student sign a waiver whereby they understand that the class(s) may not transfer.
What are the minimum requirements to apply?
- Must be fully admitted to Georgia Highlands College (see admissions)
- Have a minimum of 50 hours completed in Area A-F including all Area F courses and MATH 1401 of the business administration pathway
- Have a grade of C or better in all required Area F courses and MATH 1401
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or better
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.8 in Area F courses (http://www.calculator.net/gpa- html)
How/where will the courses be taught?
Freshman and sophomore level (A.S) courses are offered at multiple campuses via lecture, online and hybrid. Junior and senior level (BBA) courses will be offered primarily at Rome location for (Healthcare Management) and Cartersville location for (Logistics and Supply Chain Management) in classroom settings via traditional lectures.
What day and time will classes be held?
Healthcare students attend class Monday through Thursday from 9:30am to 12:00noon. (Floyd campus)
Logistics and Supply Chain students attend class Monday through Thursday from 5:00pm – 7:30pm. (Cartersville Campus)
How long will it take to complete my BBA?
Four years depending upon student pace. Students will work on Associate pathway level courses the first 2 years. Once accepted into the BBA program, students will complete BBA level courses during the last 2 years; Therefore, earning both an Associate degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Business Administration in the chosen field.
What is the earning potential for occupations in this field?
Students can review salary information for a specific occupation at U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics – www.bls.gov
Will there be any other requirements?
Students will be required to complete an internship in the related field during their Senior year in the BBA Program.
Where do I find the application?
Click “Apply Now” at the top right side of the webpage. bba.highlands.edu
When will I know if I am accepted?
If your complete application is received by the deadline, it will be reviewed after spring grades post (Mid-May). You will be notified of your admission decision via GHC student e-mail on the last Friday in May; by the close of business.