Dr. Donald Green
email@example.com | 706.295.6329
I want to welcome you to Georgia Highlands College, a regional institution that is part of the University System of Georgia, with locations in five Northwest Georgia counties: Floyd, Bartow, Cobb, Paulding, and Douglas.
It’s an exciting time for GHC as we continue to grow, expand our academic offerings, and strive to recruit and retain successful students. I am humbled and delighted to have been selected as the Georgia Highlands’ fourth president.
At Georgia Highlands College, we provide opportunity by offering an education that is affordable, convenient and high quality. We want to deliver an excellent experience to every student whether the associate’s degree is the current goal, they intend to transfer, or they plan to stay and complete a bachelor’s degree with us.
Today, the expectations placed upon colleges and universities are unprecedented. We must expand educational opportunities to larger numbers of students, help those students thrive, be a catalyst for economic development, and achieve these outcomes while maintaining costs.
That is why we are focused on student success through our five strategic priorities:
1. Institutional Health/Organizational Stability: Advance an effective framework for institutional sustainability, educational stability, and workforce well-being
2. Enrollment Management: Increase overall enrollment at GHC through targeted recruitment and retention strategies which are responsive to demographic and economic indicators within the communities we serve.
3. Academic Excellence: Foster innovation and academic excellence that promote student learning and success
4. Diversity: Implement practices and projects to foster an inclusive, welcoming college to better reflect the diverse communities we serve.
5. Community Engagement: Enhance local partnerships that enrich both GHC and the diverse communities it serves through meaningful connections.
Thank you for taking the time to explore Georgia Highlands College. We are here to guide and support your educational journey, wherever it may lead.
Georgia Highlands College is a state college of the University System of Georgia and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges