Mission and Goals
Dental Hygiene Program Mission Statement
The Mission of the Georgia Highlands College Dental Hygiene Program is to provide a quality, student focused education toward the Associate of Science degree. Graduates are competent to provide educational and therapeutic dental hygiene services in a professional, compassionate and ethical manner. Graduates are prepared to generate public trust, work within the dental profession and are committed to life-long learning. All aspects of the program are continually assessed to provide on-going excellence and to guide improvement.
Georgia Highlands College Dental Hygiene Goals
- Provide a quality educational program which meets the standards of the Commission on Dental Accreditation and reflects relevant and current dental hygiene practice.
- Prepare a qualified dental hygienist who is competent to practice legally in the state of Georgia.
- To provide an academic basis which facilitates articulation with other educational programs and from which graduates may progress toward additional academic advancement.
- Provide quality patient care for our patient population.
- Participate in activities to maintain a pool of qualified applicants.
- Encourage student and faculty participation in community service initiatives.
- Encourage student and faculty participation in professional activities.
- Maintain a knowledgeable and productive faculty and staff through a continuous environment of professional development.