Community Criminal Justice Scholarship
Applications may be submitted anytime.
The Community Criminal Justice Scholarship is funded by the Community Criminal Justice Foundation, Inc. The scholarship is designed to help students seeking a degree in Criminal Justice from Georgia Highlands College.
- Desire to pursue and complete a Criminal Justice degree from Georgia Highlands College.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 and not be eligible for the HOPE scholarship.
- U.S. Citizen currently employed in a law enforcement position or graduating from a high school located within the service area of Georgia Highlands College or currently pursuing a degree in criminal justice from Georgia Highlands College and experiencing financial hardship.
- Not have been convicted of any crime by any state or federal government for which punishment could have been imprisonment in a federal or state prison or institution nor have been convicted of sufficient misdemeanors to establish a pattern of disregard for the law, provided that, violations of traffic laws and other offenses involving the operation of motor vehicles when the applicant has received a pardon shall not be considered.
- Possess good moral character.
How to Apply:
Submit a typed, double-spaced, 2-4-page essay that addresses the below three questions to Dr. Greg Sumner at firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. What are your educational, professional/career, and personal goals in the field of criminal justice?
2. Assess your abilities, skills, and preparations to handle the challenges of college.
3. How will this scholarship help you achieve your professional/career goals?
- A committee designated by the Community Criminal Justice Foundation (CCJF) will select all scholarship applicants. All selected scholarship applicants’ names will be provided to the GHC Foundation who will direct awards as designated by CCJF for tuition, books, fees, etc.
Your time and interest are appreciated. We wish you the best of luck in your educational endeavors.