Georgia Highlands College
Petition for Waiver of Out-of-State Tuition
In order to be reviewed for the current term, waiver requests must have been submitted prior to the last date for registration.
An institution may award out-of-state tuition differential waivers and assess in-state tuition for certain non residents of Georgia for the following reasons (under the following conditions):
(Select one – you will need to click on the type of waiver below for further instructions and the waiver form)
- Presidential Waiver (applicants must have at least a 2.50 GPA)
- University System of Georgia Employee and Dependents
- Full-time School Employees in Georgia
- Military Base Teachers
- Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Application for Military and Military-Connected Students
- Border County Resident (for residents of Cherokee, AL to attend the Floyd Campus only)
- Economic Advantage (have accepted full-time self sustaining employment in Georgia)
- Non-Resident Student (can provide evidence of a parent living in Georgia for 12 months)
- Senior Citizen (waives tuition for legal residents of Georgia that are 62 or older)
Students granted a waiver of out-of-state tuition will still be charged out-of-state rates when they register for classes each semester or change their schedule. A process must be run by the Business Office to “waive” the out-of-state portion of the overall tuition. This typically occurs within one week of registration for classes or adjusting one’s schedule (after a waiver has been approved). If this does not occur, please use the Need Help button above to contact the Business Office. Waiver duration varies depending on waiver type – see waiver form. At the end of your waiver duration, or when there has been a break in enrollment, you must either complete another waiver or complete a Petition for Georgia Residency. You are encouraged to review the Petition for Georgia Residency Form in order to determine now what documentation will be required to prove residency in Georgia within twelve months.
Tuition waivers must be received no later than the last day to pay fees for the term for which the out-of-state tuition is to be waived.