My Check Admissions Status shows I have been accepted to the college. What do I do next?
- Financial Aid.
- If you have not already applied for financial aid, please go to the FAFSA web page and submit the application today. The GHC school code is: 009507. It can take 6 to 8 weeks to complete the financial aid process so don’t delay! For more information regarding filling out the FAFSA, click here.
- If you have applied for financial aid, you need to check your record for any documents that are needed to complete your file and/or to review your award. You can access that information online through your SCORE account. Need help with that? Click here.
- FERPA form to the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to allow authorized individuals access to your student records.
Sign and Submit a
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), as amended, was designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the rights of students to inspect and revise the educational records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal and formal hearings. Students also have the right to file complaints with The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Office concerning alleged failures by the institution to comply with the Act.
- Georgia Highlands College (GHC) will disclose a student’s information to their parents and/or legal guardian from the student’s academic record provided GHC has on file a student’s written consent.
- college email to receive messages and alerts. Activate your
- new student orientation via the ‘Check Admissions Status’ so you can register for classes. Register for
- academic calendar for important dates and deadlines. Review the
- Provide remaining immunization records and transcripts to the Admissions Office.
- tuition and fees by the published deadline dates, remembering to enroll in our Payment Plan option while it is available! Pay your
- parking decal. Get your
- GO TO CLASS! All students need to be registered prior to the start of classes and the expectation is that students at GHC attend class starting on day one!