Georgia Highlands College
Presents the First Annual
Best of Freshman Comp Essay Contest
Submit your best work from ENGL 1101 and 1102. You could win a prize, and your work could be published in our Best of Freshman Comp eZine!
- Contest is open to GHC students enrolled in ENGL 1101 or ENGL 1102
- Essays may be in any category—Persuasion, Analysis, Literary Analysis, Description, Narration, Comparison/Contrast, Process Analysis, Definition, Etc.
- Essays should be at least 500 words.
- Students may submit directly OR Instructors may send nominations (with the permission of the student)
- Each submission should include the writer’s name and email address, as well as the course name (ENGL 1101 or ENGL 1102), the instructor’s name, and the essay topic
- Limit 2 submissions per student
Please email your submissions to BFCsubmissions@highlands.edu
Deadline for submissions: February 15, 2018.
Three winners will be announced in spring of 2018. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive $50, $30, and $20, respectively, as well as publication in GHC’s Best of Freshman Comp eZine. Honorable mentions will also be published in the eZine.