System health director to speak on how passion drives success

On Wednesday (Sept. 15), the Georgia Highlands College School of Business and Professional Studies will continue its Entrepreneur Speaker Series with guest Becky Gabany, the System Director of Community Health for Memorial Health System in Springfield, IL.

Gabany will speak on her passion for equity and how that passion ties into her success in creating an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) division within Memorial Health System.

“I plan to share about my personal journey in educating myself around EDI-related issues and topics, how I began to weave that knowledge into my existing work and some of the key ‘philosophies’ that have contributed to my success over the years,” Gabany said.

Gabany said she started at Memorial Health System in an entry-level role, as the secretary of their daycare. In less than nine years, she grew through various roles to become the system director of community health.

“The spirit of identifying gaps, being an agent for change and moving forward with what you are passionate about is integral to finding fulfillment in life, work and community,” Gabany said. “The more entrepreneurs can learn from and support each other, the more we can help each other’s work and passions advance.”

The series will connect successful entrepreneurs with students and the community to share stories and advice in a virtual format. Visit ess.highlands.edu for more information and to register for any speaker event in this series.