Guedst lecturer at Cartersville

This year (earlier this semester) because of inclement weather, the school had to be closed for several days which is very unusual for Georgia. On a quest to find out what may have caused this, I called Mr. Steven Nelson, the scientific and operations director of National Weather Service located at Peachtree City (who has been on our Cartersville campus last year to deliver a lecture on why NW Georgia has experienced so may tornadoes in the recent past couple of years) and requested him to come to our campus again and discuss the reasons for this unusual pattern and answer any questions anyone may have. He has very kindly agreed to my request. Accordingly, he will be on campus (Cartersville) on Thursday, April the 3rd, 2014 at 11:00 AM. The title of his talk is “North Georgia Winter Weather Frequency and Trends.” The venue for this event is Cartersville library (in front of the fireplace). The event is open to public and is free. So, I am requesting all of you to make time to attend this lecture and may be get some of your questions answered. Please also encourage your students/friends/family to come by. This promises to be an excellent event. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me an e-mail at schattop@highlands.edu or call me at 678.872.8094.
Thank you. I hope to see you all there.