Thursday, May 12th – 10am and 6pm
Thursday, May 12th – 2pm (Nursing Pinning and Commencement)
3175 Cedartown Hwy, Rome, GA
(DUE TO LIMITED SEATING, ONLY GRADUATES WHO ARE ON THE RESERVED SEATING LIST FOR THE CEREMONIES WILL BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. WE ARE UNABLE TO ADD ANYONE ON COMMENCEMENT DAY.)
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that you do not attend the ceremony.
- Face coverings are encouraged for all attendees.
- Graduate and faculty seating will be on the gym floor, socially distanced.
- Guest passes are REQUIRED to enter the gymnasium. See more information on guest passes provided below.
- Guest seating will be in the gym bleachers. Guests are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing.
- Guests who can ascend the bleacher steps are encouraged to do so in order to leave lower-level seating for guests with mobility challenges.
- Guests should exit the gym immediately at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- For those unable to attend in person, a livestream link of the ceremony will be available at highlands.edu and on GHC’s social media channels.
- Anyone deemed at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 by public health officials is strongly encouraged to view the livestream rather than attend the ceremony in person.
GHC 2022 Commencement – Thursday, May 12th
Ceremony Start Times: Eligible GHC graduates who submitted an online reservation form for commencement by April 1st deadline will be allowed to participate in the commencement for the ceremony time they requested. Ceremonies begin at 10am and 6pm. Nursing pinning/commencement begins at 2pm.
Graduate Check-in: Graduates must check in one hour prior to their ceremony start time in the designed check-in area located in front of the Walraven Building near the GHC tower. (If raining at time of check-in, processing station will be moved to the Student Center inside the McCorkle Building.)
- 10am ceremony – Check in at 9am
- 2pm ceremony – Check in at 1pm
- 6pm ceremony – Check in at 5pm
Doors Open for Guests: Graduate guests will be allowed to enter the gym one hour prior to ceremony start time. Guest passes are required for all guests over 2 years of age to enter the commencement venue area (see GUEST PASSES information below for more details).
Ceremony location/venue: All commencement ceremonies will be held indoors at the Georgia Highlands College Floyd campus located at 3175 Cedartown Highway, Rome, Georgia. Guest seating will be in the gym bleachers. Guests are strongly encouraged to practice social distancing. Guests who can ascend the bleacher steps are encouraged to do so to leave lower-level seating for guests with mobility challenges.
Eligible GHC graduates who submitted an online reservation form for commencement by April 1st deadline will receive 4 guest passes upon check-in on May 12th.
Graduates must check in one hour prior to their ceremony start time in the designed check-in area located in front of the Walraven Building near the GHC tower (weather permitting). At check-in, graduates will receive 4 guest passes to give their guests at that time. Guest passes will not be distributed ahead of time. Guests should proceed to the gymnasium with their guest passes to be seated, and graduates will remain at the check-in area for the commencement processional line-up.
Guest passes are required to enter the gymnasium. Guest passes are for general admission. Doors open one hour prior to the ceremony start time.
Anyone deemed at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19 by public health officials is strongly encouraged to view the livestream rather than attend the ceremony in person.
Limited wheelchair seating accommodations will be available around the gym floor on a first come, first served basis.
Parking for all Commencement ceremonies is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please follow parking directions provided upon arrival.
Limited wheelchair seating accommodations will be available around the gym floor on a first come, first serve basis.
Guests with mobility concerns should plan for navigating bleacher seating.
An ASL interpreter will sign the commencement ceremony. A section of general admission seating will be designated for the hearing impaired. A GHC usher can direct guests to the designated location.
DISABILITY PARKING (PERMIT REQUIRED)
Parking for guests with disabilities is available in designated areas. Disability Parking Permits are required to park in these areas.
Face coverings are encouraged for this event. Disposable masks will be available at the front door and graduate check-in.
We encourage those who are unable/unwilling to attend the in-person ceremony to view the ceremony online. Links will be posted at highlands.edu and on GHC’s social media channels.
Security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of safety.
Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering and will not be accepted by employees nor stored at the entrance.
For the safety, security, and experience of all guests, the following items are prohibited:
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Large items, such as banners and posters, or amplification equipment, such as bullhorns or megaphones
GHC is a tobacco-free campus.
Restroom facilities are available in the main foyer leading to the Floyd Campus Gymnasium.
CLEANING & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the venue.
- Free bottled water will be available for guests.
*Information on this page is subject to change without notice.