Tiffany Blalock

Celebrating Our Graduates: Healthcare Management grad plans to continue on to Brenau University

Tiffany Blalock, a spring 2023 graduate of Georgia Highlands College (GHC), is headed to Brenau University this summer to continue her education. 

Graduating from GHC with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Management, she plans to earn a master’s in the same field. 

Blalock decided to pursue degrees in healthcare because she has always strived to help others. Going to GHC helped her get a sneak peek at two potential types of futures in healthcare. 

“When I started GHC, I thought I wanted to be a nurse, but after taking a CNA course I realized nursing was not my path,” she said. “After several thoughts, I felt as though healthcare management was the best route for me considering I have had management experience specifically in healthcare.” 

She said one of the more interesting elements of studying healthcare management was learning how the myriad of different management styles can be applied to the industry. By earning her bachelor’s and then her master’s, Blalock’s career opportunities will continue to grow. 

“I currently work in healthcare, but not specifically in management,” Blalock said. “I am hoping upon graduation to find a career in healthcare management to grow while obtaining my master’s degree.” 

Her advice for anyone considering to take the next step in their education is to never stop in the face of adversity. 

“Keep going no matter how hard it gets,” Blalock said. “There were so many times where I felt defeated and could not persevere. I kept going and was able to accomplish my goals.” 

For example, Blalock says her greatest accomplishment at GHC was raising her GPA to a 4.0 to be on the President’s List. 

“I have maintained at least a 3.5 GPA and have always been on the Dean’s List,” Blalock said. “However, my goal was to reach a 4.0, and I was able to do so while taking 12-plus credit hours and working.” 

Blalock said while she is excited to take on new challenges at Brenau, she will miss her classmates and instructors who made her time at GHC a positive experience. 

“I have personally loved attending GHC,” Blalock said. “I have met so many great professors and advisors that have truly shaped me into the individual that I am and will continue to be in my career.” 

Georgia Highlands College will hold its 2023 commencement ceremonies on Thursday, May 11, at the Floyd Campus gym, 3175 Cedartown Hwy, Rome GA 30161. The 2023 commencement ceremonies will be held May 11 at 11AM and 7PM, with the Nursing pinning and commencement ceremony at 3PM. More information can be found on the commencement ceremony page regarding details, directions and campus guidelines. 

A livestream of the event will be available here.