Entrepreneur and state board member to speak on experience and the power of mentorship and collaboration

On Wednesday (Oct. 6), the Georgia Highlands College School of Business and Professional Studies will continue its Entrepreneur Speaker Series with Cade Joiner, founder of Shred-X Secure Document and strategic partner at Brookwell Capital.

“I will discuss habits like finding a mentor, reading, building a great team, having a positive mental outlook and taking time to think,” Joiner said. “I’ll also discuss why I quit my first job to go into business for myself and the two things students can do to create their own businesses – add value and solve problems.”

(PHOTO CRED: BYRON E. SMALL | ATLANTA BUSINESS CHRONICLE)

In addition to siting on the boards of several startups across the state, Joiner also serves as a member of the Board of Regents for the University System of Georgia (USG), is a board member for the University of Georgia (UGA) Entrepreneurship Program, the USG Foundation and the Georgia Workforce Development Board.

Joiner said he wanted to participate in the series as one of his passions is collaboration with other entrepreneurs.

“I am grateful for all of the mentors that guided me as a student… I can remember when local entrepreneurs came to discuss their businesses,” Joiner said, “and [I] look at speaking on campuses as a way to give back the same gift that was given to me.”

The series will connect successful entrepreneurs with students and the community to share stories and advice in a virtual format. Visit ess.highlands.edu for more information and to register for any speaker event in this series.