Join Us for a Chat on Supporting First Generation College Students

I would like to invite you to a conversation about working with first generation college students. The registration link is below as well as a description of the event. Hope you can join us!

Date & Time: Thursday, October 26th at 3-4pm

Session Title: Working with First-generation College Students

Facilitators: Laura Walton and Charles Johnson

Registration Link: Sign Up Here

What’s it about? Our advising department is hosting a one-hour virtual training session dedicated to empowering first-generation student populations with first hand insights. This session offers an opportunity to gain practical skills and understanding to better support this special population.

We are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive advising environment. This session represents a significant step in that direction. First-generation students bring a unique perspective to Georgia Highlands College, and by participating, you’ll be better equipped to assist them effectively.

I genuinely believe this is a conversation worth having, especially if you’re involved in reaching, advising, or working with students. I’d love to see you there and hear your thoughts on the topic. If you have any questions or need more info, feel free to reach out to me anytime.