Have You Completed Your Cybersecurity Awareness Training?

All employees are required to complete the “Spring 2020 GHC Cybersecurity Awareness” course in D2L by 12:00pm on Friday, May 15th. Single Sign-On Accounts belonging to individuals who have not completed this training by Friday may be suspended or deactivated.

You can ensure that you have successfully completed this training by viewing your completion grade in the course’s grades section. Managers/supervisors can also track their employees’ progress using the periodic, automated reports being provided by IT. A short FAQ has been provided below to address questions we’ve received about this course.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I’ve gone through the course, but I haven’t received a grade. Does this mean I’m done?

A: To make sure the D2L course documents completion, please follow these directions:

1.  Click on the “Confirmation of Participation” at the end of the course.
  1. Select ‘Yes’ and then click or tap on the Submit button below.
  2. Click on ‘Exit’ button. You should see a grade item in the course.

Q: There is a question with no correct answer. Is my course broken?

A: Read each question and its instructions carefully. This course has been carefully tested and every question has a correct answer or set of answers.

Q: How do I get technical assistance with this D2L course?

A: Please report technical issues to rt@highlands.edu.

Q: I’m unhappy with the content of this module. I think it’s repetitive/boring/unhelpful. Can IT source different training materials?

A: These cybersecurity training courses are developed by the USG Cybersecurity office and provided to GHC free of charge. While it may be possible to identify additional training resources in the future, we feel that it is not economically viable to purchase cybersecurity training courseware at this time. We’re always happy to coordinate with your division/department to provide supplemental cybersecuritytraining sessions in person or using web conferencing.