Retiree Pecan Sale

The retiree group will be taking pecan orders again this year. These are this year’s crop of pecans that we get from Stone Mountain Pecan Company south of Atlanta. Sometimes when we get there we have to wait a few minutes while they finish shelling our pecans. The bags weigh 12 ounces. Halves are $6.15 per bag and pieces are $5.95 per bag. If available, very small pieces can be purchased for the same price as regular pieces. Please be specific in your order if you want very small pieces. These are great for salads. We will have the pecans before Thanksgiving. Orders will be distributed on the Floyd Campus. I have to write one check at The Stone Mountain Pecan Company for our entire order the day we pick up the pecans. Please send you check made out to me with your order. I won’t be able to count your order until I receive your payment. We have to purchase by the case (30 bags), so I might have to pay for extras already. These extras will be for sale, first come, first serve at the time of distribution. For those of you who don’t know me, I was the Benefits Coordinator in Human Resources when I retired in 2007. This project has been going on for years. The coordinator has changed a few times. The deadline for placing and paying for an order is Friday, November 3. Your check must reach me by this deadline.

Brenda Weeks

960 County Road 122

Piedmont, AL 36272

256/447/1581

bweeks@retiree.highlands.edu