Brandy Rogers

Brandy Rogers named STEM Division Chair at GHC

Brandy Rogers has accepted the position of Division Chair in the School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) at Georgia Highlands College (GHC). Rogers has been serving in the interim capacity since August of 2021 and will continue to oversee the Biological Sciences Division within the School of STEM. 

“Serving as Interim Chair over the past year has given me the valuable opportunity to learn exactly what the day-to-day role of a division chair looks like at GHC,” Rogers said. “I’ve had some great mentors and colleagues who have helped me to develop strategies for balancing the administrative duties of the chair role with my teaching responsibilities, while also providing support for faculty.” 

Rogers began at GHC in 2017 as an Instructor of Biology. In her time at GHC, she has served on and championed committees related to assessments, high impact practices and curriculum. She has also been working closely in the development and implementation of the new Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Natural Resources that begins January 2023. 

“This degree will provide a solid foundation for students interested in working in ecology, natural resource management, conservation and many other areas of environmental science and policy where strong workforce skills are in demand, and I am beyond excited to help launch and grow this degree program,” Rogers said. 

An alumna, Rogers graduated from GHC in 2013 with an Associate of Science in Biology and went on to complete a Bachelor of Science in Biology at Dalton State College and a Master of Science in Integrative Biology from Kennesaw State University. 

She is excited to have the opportunity to continue serving GHC and the School of STEM as Division Chair.

“I intend to serve the faculty in my division to the best of my ability and foster an environment of teamwork and support,” Rogers said. “I’m also looking forward to expanding opportunities in undergraduate research, study away, service-learning and other programs that allow students to obtain hands-on experience while also giving our talented faculty a chance to shine in their areas of expertise.”