The Tutorial Center functions as a unit of The Academic Success Center of Georgia Highlands College with face-to-face centers available on the Cartersville, Douglasville, Floyd, Paulding, Marietta, and Heritage Hall campuses. The center also contracts with Brainfuse to provide online tutoring to select students.
The mission of the Tutorial Center is to enhance the education received by students enrolled in classes by guiding students to improve their academic skills, thereby helping them succeed in their chosen college curriculum. The staff of the Tutorial Center is dedicated to helping students acquire the skills necessary to become independent learners.
The Tutorial Center will
1. Provide the following tutorial services and resources each term:
- One-on-one tutoring sessions in either a face-to-face or online setting
- Information and practice for standardized tests for the college
- Opportunities for group study
- Assistance with software and technology used in GHC classes
- Workshops in special areas of study
- Web-based study materials
- Guidance in how to research
- Information regarding information literacy
2. Provide tutorial services to all GHC students
3. Promote student awareness of the services offered by the Tutorial Center.
4. Provide a satisfactory level of service for students who use the Tutorial Center.
5. Provide sufficient individual tutoring time for students.
6. Provide opportunities for students to improve academically and become independent learners.