Brittany Ozmore with award

GHC library associate Brittany Ozmore receives state award

Brittany Ozmore, Library Associate for Public Services at Georgia Highlands College (GHC), received the 2022 Georgia Library Association Library (GLA) Staff Award for Outstanding Contributions to Georgia’s Libraries.

With this award, she was given free conference registration to the annual Georgia Libraries Conference in Macon, a plaque and recognition at a banquet during the conference.

Ozmore was surprised and excited to receive the award.

“This was my first in person conference, so it was kind of a big deal to me,” Ozmore said

Ozmore began working at GHC as a student assistant in fall of 2018. She began her current position as Library Associate for Public Services in spring of 2019, for a total of nearly four years with the college.

She said her greatest accomplishment with the GHC Library System thus far has been contributing to its growth.

“I strongly believe that a library is only as good as its’ people,” Ozmore said. “We have definitely grown in a positive manner, and this is one of the best teams I have been a part of.”

In addition, Ozmore has worked to help members of the GHC community to realize utilizing the library can come with a financial incentive.

“We want everyone to know that by using the library they are essentially saving a lot of money every year,” Ozmore said. “Instead of paying full price for a book, eBook, calculator/other tech, journal, article, or movie, patrons can use their account with the library for no charge. You can’t get better value than that.”

Ozmore said she feels working for the GHC Library System is like being “part of a family.”

“This is something I try to relate to our students and community,” Ozmore said. “My goal is for our patrons to feel welcome and safe in the library while receiving the help and resources they need.”