Old Red Kimono is Accepting Submissions!

Dear colleagues,

Now is the time to submit poetry, art, short fiction, or photography for possible inclusion in the 2019 issue of Old Red Kimono.

The Kimono provides a unique opportunity for members of the GHC community to see their creative work in print. If you have submitted before, the ORK editors would love to see your work again; if you have never submitted before, then maybe this should be your year. People are always approaching me in the halls and saying, “I really should submit that (poem, sketch, story, photo) this year…..”  and sometimes they do, but often they don’t.  Let this be the year you resolve to submit to ORK, either again or for the first time.

Submissions (and/or questions) may be emailed to me at napplega@highlands.edu.  Our “soft” deadline is February 15, but we will continue accepting submissions until all space is filled.

Please encourage students to submit as well.  Last week, they got a “Dear Student” email encouraging them to send us their work, but if you encourage them, too, they’ll be more likely to follow through.  If they have questions, please ask them to email me.
Thanks,

Nancy Applegate