As we approach the end of the fiscal year, please be aware of the following processes, including cut-off dates for departmental spending. It is necessary to end normal spending activity at these times to allow year end accounting to take place.
- Last day individual program/department balances may be spent
- Last day to make purchases with P-Cards. Purchasing cards will be deactivated at midnight on Sunday May 15.
- Last day to submit a Purchase Order to Procurement.
- Budget managers must report any prior financial commitments you have made that will require payment to be processed prior to July to Haley Henderson in the Budget Office. Send notifications via e-mail to email@example.com
- P-card users should complete their reconciliations and sign off on their statement and turn in their report with receipts no later than noon.
- Any item you’ve already ordered but that is not on your bill should be written down and sent to procurement via campus mail along with your May statement and an email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the budgetary impact.
- Expense reports for any travel ALREADY COMPLETED BY THIS DATE must be submitted. Even if you traveled on May 30, you need to submit an expense report by May 31.
- Travel that takes place BETWEEN May 31 and June 30 cannot be reported directly within the financial system and will require a paper expense report.
- Last date to submit a paper travel expense report for Fiscal Year 2016.
- All petty cash receipts must be submitted by this date to the Business Office. Petty cash purchases submitted after this date will be charged to FY 2017.
- All departmental deposits must be received in the Business Office by 12 noon on June 24th, 2016. Any deposit received after this date will be posted in FY 2017.
- Banner will be unavailable to allow close out for Fiscal Year 2016. The system will be available again July 1st.
Thank you so much for planning ahead as we enter this critical time of our year. We understand that these requirements make operations challenging and we appreciate your help getting our year closed out. As always, if you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.