Students enrolled in online courses at GHC have the same access to student technology and services as students taking courses in other formats. Your primary online learning environment will be D2L, but there are important other systems with which you should familiarize yourself.
Start by reviewing the Student Technology at GHC page.
Review the GHC D2L Student Guide.
Windows PC running the latest Windows operating system,
or an Apple Computer with the Mac operating system
Your computer’s version of Windows or Mac operating systems must be capable of running the most recent updated version of the recommended web browsers listed below.
- Some courses may require a Webcam
- Some courses may require a microphone (a USB headset is ideal)
- Speakers or ability to use headphones for audio playback
- A printer is recommended for some courses
Supported Web Browsers
While several major web browsers are supported, it is recommended that you access your D2L courses using either of the browsers listed below.
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Its is recommended that you have Internet service at your home. The faster and more reliable your internet connection speed, the better your experience will be
- A hardwired cable or DSL connection is recommended, particularly for submitting assignments & quizzes.
- Data charges may apply. Check with your internet provider.
Tablets and Mobile Devices
While D2L supports the use of tablets and other mobile devices, submitting papers and taking tests is best done using a Windows PC or Apple computer.
Android 4.4+ Operating System with the latest Android browser
iOS® 6, 7, 8, and 9 Operating System with the latest Safari browser
Additional Systems used in online, eClassrooms, or hybrid courses.
Disclaimer: While the goal of Georgia Highlands College is to keep this information, in the fast changing world of technology, the requirement above are subject to change without notice.